Tuesday 12 January 2016

Bike riding motto inspired from the Starman


"I don't know where I am going from here, but I promise it won't be boring." David Bowie (Madison Square Garden, 1997)

I found this inspiring photo on the Bikeitalia website.

It's not clear how much cycling David Bowie ever did, but I think this quote from the great artist could very much apply when out riding.

For sure, I have been on cycling trips where I wasn't quite sure where I would be going until I set off, and it was a case of taking my map and "making it up as I go along!" That was particularly the case in Italy. There was usually something that would happen - whether it was unexpectedly ending up on an unsurfaced road littered with stones and having to climb off and walk; meeting a local rider who tow's me in their slipstream to some interesting nearby places to ride, or just stumbling across spectacular hidden haunts.

So yes, next time if I'm not sure where I am going I'll promise myself it won't be boring!



Dedicated to a guy who was never boring and one of the few who could look cool in white shoes!


No comments: