Thursday 8 September 2011

One Day One Photo - 8

I get so tired these days. I can't do the things I used to do even one year ago. If I go for a training ride I need three days to recover before I get on with any other physical activity. If I don't allow enough days to pass before I do any further exercise I'm just worn out and my legs fall apart. I can't believe this is the same person who managed to ride from Dieppe to Nice last year. If that was me, it was certainly a lifetime ago. Strangely enough my aerobic capacity is fine. It hasn't gone downhill in any noticeable way. So, I have to admit it, age is catching up with my legs. And soon it will get my back, my arms and my lungs. I'll be ready for the knackers yard. Shall I resign myself to a future of sitting in a rocking chair doing crosswords and crochet or shall I try and fight this process that is surreptiously taking over me? Who knows, let me have a rest and then I'll decide!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Until you've quit drinking and eat more fresh fruit and veg, don't quit trying!

Anonymous said...

Maybe you're not getting the best nutrition? You are obviously very fit, but if you're not fuelling your body properly then you will be tired and recovery will take longer.

Just a thought!
Elisa

2Wheel Chick said...

Thanks for the tips. True, nutrition plays a part. I'm not so bad when it comes to fruit and veg, but I've been a bit guilty of skipping meals recently. I can feel age has something to do with it though, as some of my peers the same age as me have experienced the same thing.